Statkraft is a wholly state-owned power company established January 1, 1992. Statkraft has its owned board and is operated after commercial principles. Statkraft’s vision is to become a European leader in environmentally friendly energy.
• Statkraft is Norway’s largest producer of electric power and Norway’s third largest company. Average production amounts to 42 TWh a year. This is about 1/3 of the country’s total hydropower production.
• Statkraft, including Skagerak Energi and Trondheim Energiverk, employs about 2 200 people.
• Statkraft is Norway’s largest land-based taxpayer.
• Statkraft has ownership interests in the following energy companies: Agder Energi, Bergenshalvøens kommunale kraftselskap (BKK) and Fjordkraft. All of these are part of the Statkraft Alliance. In terms of size, the Statkraft Alliance is number three in the Nordic production market and number two in the Norwegian consumer market. In addition, Statkraft has stakes in E-CO, Hedmark Energi and the Swedish company Sydkraft.
• In a European perspective, Statkraft is a small power producer, yet at the same time it is Europe’s second largest producer of renewable energy.