Is An international non-governmental, non-profit organization, dedicated to promoting and coordinating development of small hydropower (SHP) in Latin America. facilitating the efficient use of water resources available in the region, to bring to the most vulnerable communities a clean, appropriate and accessible energy, as a powerful tool to generate capacities and opportunities for the integral development of these communities.
CELAPEH was constituted under the auspices of the International Network for Small Hydro, the Organization of the United Nations for the Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the European Small Hydro Association (ESHA), the Government of Antioquia, the Institute for Development of Antioquia (IDEA) and the Technology Park of Antioquia,
Our Basic Tasks.
1. Establish and operate a Training and Technology Development Center for Small Hydropower, with the proper infrastructure, including a micro-pilot power station, to train those involved in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of such facilities.
2. Carry out technical and financial feasibility studies for public and private stake holders of SHP projects.
3. Promote execution of feasible SHP projects searching for and managing as appropriate required financial resources.
4. Coordinate and manage the execution of SHP projects upon request from public, private and institutional stakeholders.
5. In special cases, and for strategic reasons, promote and take leadership for execution of SHP projects through joint ventures with public and private investors