Enhancing Sustainability in Hydropower Development
MEDELLIN – COLOMBIA, 27 NOV. – 1 DEC. 2017
PLAZA MAYOR MEDELLIN CONVENTIONS
AND EXHIBITIONS CENTRE
This event is part of the second Edition of II Energy Week.
Latin America and the Caribbean – LAC 2017, “A space where sustainability, knowledge and business meet”
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
Abstracts, not exceeding 300 words are invited on the conference topics. The abstracts should include the title of the paper, author’s names and e-mail address for correspondence and communication.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 15 May 2017.
Authors whose contribution will be accepted will be notifi ed with detailed instructions for preparation of the presentation paper. Abstracts should be submitted by e-mail to; email@example.com
The International Centre for Hydropower (ICH) is a non-profi t association based on institutional membership among organizations involved in the hydropower sector. The purpose of ICH is to raise standards of industry personnel, promote the industry and work for a sustainable development of hydropower resources. ICH is organizing training courses, workshops and conferences as part of the transfer of knowledge in the hydro power sector.
• Potential for Hydropower Capacity in Latin America Country. Chanllenges in planning and implementing large and small scale hydros.
• Financial Challenges for Sustainable Hydropower schemes.
• Renewable energy matrices in the region: hydro and other renewable energy sources
• Innovative hydropower projects in emerging economies
• Hydropower Rehabilitation
• Small Hydros. Technical and scale issues. Is small best? Innovative case studies. Incentives for a sustainable development
• Hydro Technology. New developments in hydro turbines and generators
• Industry- Academia cooperation
• Managing Risks in hydropower – Emergency preparedness and public safety
• Climate change challenges. Adaptation and mitigation for hydros. Climate Research (Environment, Social Aspects, Floods, Generation and Dam Safety)
• Integrated regional development. (water rights and usage issues, energy trading)
• Regional Inteconnection. Challenges, opportinuties.
• Social and Environmental considerations for sound hydro projects: planning in complexes social environments, stakeholders engagement, public awareness, environmental challenges
• Biodiversity in Hydropower Development. Management of species. Offsets. Lessons learned
• Managing Hydropower. Challenges. Gaining trough Training. New trends for hydro practitioners
|Laura C. Bull
Mobile +47 948 88 703
|Yuliana Andrea Arango
Teléfono: +(574) 444 99 27
Móvil: +(57) 3113826453